Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Flag


Triumphant it stood.
Boldly it waved.
Courage and strength it told.
I watched it furl in jet streamed sky
and wondered how am I
so fortunate to sit beneath this flag,
on freedom's common ground.

What price was paid I cannot grasp,
can't fathom freedom's cost,
but as I view Old Glory's flight
I pray we shall:
not faint,
give hope to night,
turn wrong to right,
and be worthy of the name...
America...
America...
America.

                  --Cindy Lou Hodges


@Copyright 2010, Cindy Lou Hodges
All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Flag outside TMC Hospital, Denison, Texas
    November, 2009

    On this particular day, during one of my mother's many surgeries, I ventured outisde to get some fresh air. I found encouragment, as well, just by listening to and watching the flag fly. It fluttered & flowed with each gust of wind and occasionally sounded a pop as it responded to the shoves of the unseen force, but it never... never lost its grip to its anchor.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your message here...

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...