Monday, April 9, 2012

Pioneer Woman

"I feel like a, a pioneer woman," I said.  "I feel so all alone with no where to go, but forward."  "That's great," he said.  "Did you just hear yourself?  Don't you know the definition of a pioneer?"

I fumbled for words.  I thought I knew the definition, but all I could think of was a tree standing alone by a stream of water:  a tree still standing when all others had fallen.

His positive response surprised me, and I'm wondering what is so good about it?  I don't feel a rush of excitement, or a sense of accomplishment, but he made it sound like something wonderful.  What am I missing here?  I don't know, but it might be worth digging into and sorting out.  So, I'm taking the time to find out if I am what I said I am.  Am I a "Pioneer Woman", or am I not?

(to be continued...)



@Copyright 2012, Cindy Lou Hodges All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message here...

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...