Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dire Consequences

"Out of coffee creamer this morning... Ugh! Have to be tough this morning and drink it black... Yuck! It's tough being a grown-up, tougher acting like one! :)"       ---posted on Face Book 9-18-2010

How do you envision yourself?  Do you see yourself as a competent adult?  Do you think of yourself as a kid in a grown up body?  Do you think of yourself as a team player?  Do you consider yourself a loner?  Do you consider yourself unique and a contribution to society?  How do you perceive yourself?  Really?

After posting today's comment on Face Book, I realized that I unconsciously exposed the real me!  Scary thought!  Wish I could retrieve my comment not just from Face Book, but from my mind and replace it with something more...... hmmmm, think I'll say, "grown-up".

It would thrill me if I could philosophically convince others that I am an intellect, and that I am consistently so, but a greater thrill would be if I could convince myself.  Even though, even I have a few "light bulb" moments, I don't see myself as a "thinker".  But I guess I am, at least right now.  The proof is here in front of me.

As I searched for some kind of coffee creamer this morning, my mind wandered back to some of my very first coffee experiences.  Grandma & Papa allowed me to use a cup & saucer, sometimes the LuRay yellow set, which was my very favorite.  But at our house we used mugs:  durable, sturdy, utility type mugs.  They were green, a light colored green with a few rough edges here & there.  When I complained about the roughness on the handle, Daddy just looked at me and said with a wink, that those rough edges would make me tough.  He also said something that I still laugh about.  He said that drinking coffee black would make black hairs grow on my chest!  Really, now!!!   Really?  For real???

So, here I sit, drinking my morning brew, pondering what to say:  pondering what to think.  I'm philosophizing and trying to convince myself and you, that I'm a smart person... that I am a smart woman.  But I can see that today I won't win that debate, because when it came right down to it, I just couldn't drink my coffee black.  No way...Yuck.  Not only does it taste bad that way, but it could have dire consequences if I do.  Really.  Really?  Really.  And, after all... I am a smart woman!

Really.

Cheers to all those folks who give us good memories and good things to smile about!  Raise your cups. Raise your mugs.  Raise your praise high.  Bravo, my friends, Bravo... and thank you!

Sincerely,
Cindy Lou


@Copyright 2010, Cindy Lou Hodges
All rights reserved.

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...