Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Red Color

The Red Color

From a distance the bright red caught my attention, and I assumed it was a red bird. I approached it quietly for a closer look, hoping the bird wouldn't fly away. Surprisingly when I stepped on a twig, the noise did not disturb my stalked target. Moving closer to the red color, it was easy to see that the red was part of the tree.

Three red leaves hung together so closely, they looked like one.  They moved in harmony as the breeze blew, and something about their connection to each other drew me into their world.  Just as they were connected together and to the tree's limb, I felt connected to nature and the beauty it breathes.

Continuing my walk, other colors greeted me. The breeze blew, and with my spirit renewed, my feet didn't feel heavy anymore.

See that red in the center. What is it?


It's leaves... red leaves!
It's 3 red leaves on the Magnolia tree. Springtime in Texas!


@Copyright 2019 Cindy Lou Hodges All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed a lot of budding trees today. Spring surely is on its way! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your message here...

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...