Monday, October 25, 2010

Another Day

Another day, my soul awakes,
'Tis listening to the dawn.
What power, oh, ye morning has
to bid the evening gone.

Oh, daybreak, if you only knew
the might your light does cast.
It calls to me.  It beckons me,
for darkness now is past.

Rejoice my soul!  Awaken sleep!
The slumber now is done.
Glad tidings tell.  The light prevails.
The Son the vict'ry won!
                       --Cindy Lou Hodges

Sounds like an old hymn, doesn't it, with the "'tis's" and the "ye's"?  Guess so, and rightly so because today my body feels very, very old.  Actually, today this earthly body feels quite ancient, kind of like an old rusty farm tractor:  one which is missing a few cylinders, a lot of paint, and has been put out to pasture.  (I know of what I speak, because I learned to drive and operate a standard gear shift on one of those old, faded farm tractors.... about two hundred years ago!)

But, the good news is my soul is alive and feels young.  And that's a bea-u-ti-ful feeling:  one that can be shared and given away to everyone regardless of age, race, gender, or economic status!  So, join with me in this transformation as my soul encourages the body to rise & shine.  For indeed, there is a reason to do so... there is a Savior and He has conquered the night!  Arise!  Shine!  For the light has come!

As the little old farm tractor used to say...
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."

Sincerely clutching to the truth (pardon my pun),
Cindy Lou


"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"  John 8:12, Holy Bible, New International Version (NIV)



@Copyright 2010, Cindy Lou Hodges
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message here...

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...