Monday, October 18, 2010

Hark!

Bark.  Bark.
Bark, bark, bark.
Hark!  I hear a bark.

Harp.  Harp.
Harp, harp, harp.
Hark!  I hear a harp.

Wouldn't it be nice someday,
since there are barks and harps,
if we could train our ears to hear
the harps instead of barks?
              -- Cindy Lou Hodges, Copyright 1988

Twenty-two years later:  the second verse...

Yak, yak.
Yak, yak, yak.
Yak, I did just yak.

Attack, Attack.
Atack, tack, tack.
Attack, my yak slapped back.  Ouch!

Some lessons take a lifetime to learn, huh? 
Laughing at myself,
Cindy Lou



@Copyright 2010, Cindy Lou Hodges
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message here...

Blue Shadows (On the Trail), 1986

Buckle up, partners, for this sparkling rhinestone and soothing lullaby brought to you by The Three Amigos! Actors Steve Martin, Chevy Chase...